Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2024 18:57:49 +0000
From: news0@octade.net (Byrl Raze Buckbriar)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Does Rocksolid Light have anything analogous to checkgroups
automation?
 by: Byrl Raze Buckbriar - Tue, 17 Sep 2024 18:57 UTC
Attachments: unnamed (application/pgp-signature)

Does Rocksolid Light have anything analogous to control.ctl (INN2) ?

Is there any way to automate updating config with hierarchy administrators' checkgroups files? I am also keeping in mind private heirarchies like hispagatos.* and rocksolid.*, not just BIG8 and alt.*.

Is there a method to automate newgroup and rmgroup processing with hierarchies of other Rocksolid peers and/or INN2 peers?

--
Byrl Raze Buckbriar . OCTADE . < https://octade.net >
Hacker Hotline . voice & SMS . (781) OCT-AGON

Attachments: unnamed (application/pgp-signature)
Re: Does Rocksolid Light have anything analogous to checkgroups automation?

<51e0bbd71b8926a3e7d3818567682310@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.octade.net/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=703&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#703

From: retroguy@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
automation?
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2024 22:37:13 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 17 Sep 2024 22:37 UTC

On Tue, 17 Sep 2024 18:57:49 +0000, Byrl Raze Buckbriar wrote:

> Does Rocksolid Light have anything analogous to control.ctl (INN2) ?
>
> Is there any way to automate updating config with hierarchy
> administrators' checkgroups files? I am also keeping in mind private
> heirarchies like hispagatos.* and rocksolid.*, not just BIG8 and alt.*.
>
> Is there a method to automate newgroup and rmgroup processing with
> hierarchies of other Rocksolid peers and/or INN2 peers?

Currently there are no such features. It's not something I ever
considered doing. My fear in such things is that a rogue node sends a
message to break other nodes, and of course we don't want that.

This would me a lot of auth, permissions, gpg, etc., which is a lot of
work :) I did that type of work to get interBBS Mail working and it was
very time consuming.

I guess if we did this, we could use the interBBS features, since they
already exist, but it would still be a complicated feature set to add.
I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle such a thing atm.

I"m currently in a "let's fix bugs" mode right now. Thanks to new users,
I'm learning of bugs more quickly, which helps a lot.

--
Retro Guy

rocksolid / Rocksolid Nodes Help / Re: Does Rocksolid Light have anything analogous to checkgroups automation?

1

rocksolid light 0.9.152
clearnet tor