Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2024 05:00:22 +0000
From: news0@octade.net (Byrl Raze Buckbriar)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Deleting a newsgroup and all its data in Rocksolid Light
 by: Byrl Raze Buckbriar - Fri, 20 Sep 2024 05:00 UTC
Attachments: unnamed (application/pgp-signature)

I want to delete a newsgroup and scrub every vestige of its data and history from the spool directory without breaking something. So I want nothing regarding that newsgroup left in the spool databases, as if the group had never been added in the first place.

How might I do this?

--
Byrl Raze Buckbriar . OCTADE . < https://octade.net >
Hacker Hotline . voice & SMS . (781) OCT-AGON

Attachments: unnamed (application/pgp-signature)
Re: Deleting a newsgroup and all its data in Rocksolid Light

<vcjc4v$104eh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.octade.net/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=705&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#705

From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2024 10:35:42 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Fri, 20 Sep 2024 08:35 UTC

On 20.09.2024 um 05:00 Uhr Byrl Raze Buckbriar wrote:

> I want to delete a newsgroup and scrub every vestige of its data and
> history from the spool directory without breaking something. So I
> want nothing regarding that newsgroup left in the spool databases, as
> if the group had never been added in the first place.
>
> How might I do this?

I did this by removing it from the groups.txt file, then deleting the
sqlite databases from /var/spool/rslight.
After some time it should also disappear from the website group
overview.
The articles are already unavailable after deleting the sqlite stuff.

--
kind regards
Marco

Send spam to 1726801222muell@cartoonies.org

rocksolid / Rocksolid Nodes Help / Deleting a newsgroup and all its data in Rocksolid Light

1

rocksolid light 0.9.152
clearnet tor