From: rotflol2@hotmail.com (Borax Man)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Re: Tildeverse
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2024 01:31:34 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:QMl/E2Y2IdSlaCaUTLDzbj33iQs=
 by: Borax Man - Sat, 29 Jun 2024 01:31 UTC

On 2023-05-26, Anonymous <anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the Tildeverse.
>
> Has anyone tried any of their services?
>
> What kind of people are running the Tildeverse sites?
>
> Are they legit?
>
> Are they open / closed / tribal minded?
>
> What is the Tildeverse culture like?
>
> How does Tildeverse compare to the Rocksolid community?

I don't know too much about Rocksolid, but I have lurked around the
Tildeverse a bit, having an account on RawText Club and looking into and
reading Gemini.

They are legit I suppose, perhaps a little tribal, but only because it
is small. I found the culture a little inward looking, in that they
were more about using their preferred technology, than anything else.
They advocate the "smol web" and mostly seem, at least to me, to just be
trying to find a use for it.

In short, Gemini and the Tildeverse seems to be a solution looking for a
problem. I don't browse Gemini because all that is there is some blogs,
people talking about technology. There's nothing wrong with it, per se,
but I just found no real compelling reason to hang around as there didn't
seem to be much other commonality of interests, except the fact we use
the same communication technology.

rocksolid / General / Re: Tildeverse

1

rocksolid light 0.9.152