From: news0@octade.net (Byrl Raze Buckbriar)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.test.test
Subject: [ping retroguy] Quirky dot and religion bug testing ...
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2024 01:01:06 +0000
 by: Byrl Raze Buckbriar - Mon, 16 Sep 2024 01:01 UTC

Messages with this subject line fail:

Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religion _ .

I intentionally misspelled 'religino' and that subject succeeds:

Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religino _ .

I removed the dot which then succeeds:

Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religion _

I added 's' to 'religion' and kept the dot and it succeeded:

Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religions _ .

I changed 'Enjoy' to 'Njoy' and this succeeded:

Njoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religion _ . <== haz dot

.... but ... the posted message had the dot removed from the subject, showing up on the server like this:

Njoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religion _ <== no haz dot

These also succeed:

Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religion
Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.test.test _ .
Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.test _ .
.. <== just a dot

It seems like this server doesn't like the words, 'enjoy' and 'religion' or the combination of, 'enjoy religion'. It seems to be a rebellious little program.

--
Byrl Raze Buckbriar . OCTADE . < https://octade.net >
Hacker Hotline . voice & SMS . (781) OCT-AGON

Re: [ping retroguy] Quirky dot and religion bug testing ...

<d1bdb52e688a2438d0e231f60017b9fb$1@octade.net>

  copy mid

https://news.octade.net/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=374&group=rocksolid.test.test#374

From: news0@octade.net (Byrl Raze Buckbriar)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.test.test
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2024 01:06:04 +0000
 by: Byrl Raze Buckbriar - Mon, 16 Sep 2024 01:06 UTC

On Mon, 16 Sep 2024 01:01:06 +0000
Byrl Raze Buckbriar <news0@octade.net> wrote:

> Messages with this subject line fail:
>
> Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religion _ .
>
> I intentionally misspelled 'religino' and that subject succeeds:
>
> Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religino _ .
>
> I removed the dot which then succeeds:
>
> Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religion _
>
> I added 's' to 'religion' and kept the dot and it succeeded:
>
> Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religions _ .
>
> I changed 'Enjoy' to 'Njoy' and this succeeded:
>
> Njoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religion _ . <== haz dot
>
> ... but ... the posted message had the dot removed from the subject, showing up on the server like this:
>
> Njoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religion _ <== no haz dot
>
> These also succeed:
>
> Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.religion
> Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.test.test _ .
> Enjoy this control description for newsgroup _ rocksolid.test _ .
> . <== just a dot
>
> It seems like this server doesn't like the words, 'enjoy' and 'religion' or the combination of, 'enjoy religion'. It seems to be a rebellious little program.
>
> --
> Byrl Raze Buckbriar . OCTADE . < https://octade.net >
> Hacker Hotline . voice & SMS . (781) OCT-AGON
> KeyOxide . < https://keyoxide.org/keyoxide0@octade.net >

We could be jokers and call it the 'Enjoy Religion Vulnerability' or 'Dot Religion Bug'.

But ... probably not nice to waste people's time with a prank ...

rocksolid / rocksolid.test.test / Re: [ping retroguy] Quirky dot and religion bug testing ...

1

rocksolid light 0.9.152
clearnet tor